Why do we assume that life is about whatever is faster, bigger or newer? Why do we hold on to the notion that life — our spiritual growth, or spiritual healing, or spiritual inspiration — begins someplace other than where we are right now? How would our lives be different if we regularly took time to cease activity, to treasure quiet time, and to look for the deep meanings in little moments?
In his books Soul Gardening, Sacred Necessities, and The Power of Pause, Terry Hershey shows us a different way of being in the world. He invites us to embrace a new paradigm, to become more by doing less. He calls this “pausing.”
Join Terry Hershey for this retreat to learn the art of really paying attention every single day. Care of any kind — compassion, communication, forgiveness, reconciliation, giving — begins with and is nourished by self-care. Terry will help us find the permission to pause in order to:
• regain the foolishness of wonder
• embrace the sacred in the daily
• celebrate gooseflesh
• live playfully
• spill laughter
• invite serendipity
• savor the moment
• renew your passion and delight in the sights, smells, sounds and textures of the day.
This is certain: if we practice pausing, things will change in our relationships, our work, and our faith.
Sign up for this on-demand retreat and receive:
• 12 email lessons with reflections by Terry Hershey on all the marvelous ways to practice pausing;
• Suggested spiritual practices, journal prompts, and reflection questions to help you bring a new level of attentiveness into your daily life;
• Audio and video clips in which Terry shares his gifts as a master — and very funny — storyteller.
• Recordings of two teleconferences held when this retreat was first offered in July 2011.
Once you click on the “subscribe” button, you will be taken through a sign-up process during which you can choose to pay the $39.95 fee by credit card or check. You’ll be emailed a receipt with a link to your “account page” where you can choose when you’d like the e-course to begin and how frequently (daily, three times a week, twice a week, or weekly) you would like to receive it. For information CLICK HERE.